[tahym] Show IPA
noun, adjective, verb, timed, tim·ing.
- The system of those sequential relations that any event has to any other, as past, present, or future; indefinite and continuous duration regarded as that in which events succeed one another.
- Duration regarded as belonging to the present life as distinct from the life to come or from eternity; finite duration.
- A particular period considered as distinct from other periods
These days, Time is constantly on my mind. No don’t get me wrong, I’m not afraid to ‘age’ nor do I need extra time. By ‘Time’, I mean a period, a space, memories… I think it’s ‘aging’ that makes me treasure time spent together with people – indeed it’s the not quantity that matters any more, it’s the quality!
For those who has not been spending quality time with those around, go on, grab a date and do so! It’s never too late, okay?
I’d end with quotes about ‘time’, which I think speaks about my current situation.
- Time is what prevents everything from happening at once. – John Archibald Wheeler
- Who forces time is pushed back by time; who yields to time finds time on his side. - The Talmud
- How long a minute is, depends on which side of the bathroom door you’re on. – Zall’s Second Law
- Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, Creeps in this petty pace from day to day. - William Shakespeare
And my favourite of all,
- Time is the wisest counsellor of all. – Pericles